Broadcast message 6583

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

I see we have a new EGR diagnostic tool in the IDS (46.7)... Haven't had the chance to use it yet and the online PC/ED doesn't tell us much about whats being tested or how....

Anyone tried and have any early imprssions?

Must be nice.... my dance card had a sudden surge of thos "unfixables" that fall outside any real guidelines or procedures. An Expedition that wouldn't charge when the alternator was cold (the concern was hard enough to find - let alone the cure.... P0622 as a memory code can be interesting)....

I think I pooched someones power program (an 06 with an on demand EGRTP code). FWIW, the 06 doesn't have an EGRTP - a reflash appears to have fixed that but I'd be interested in seeing how to do the PPT for it if the reflash didn't fix it.

An Excursion that has a 85ma parasitic draw that can kill batteries in less than 4 days.

And these are turning out to be the easy ones...

havent tryed it yet but I sat through the diesel talk live broadcast. Seems stupid easy to use and I think it would prove useful. Its not much differnt than manualy performing the test with active commands. this test just does all the work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have finally used it a few times now and it really is stupid easy. Maybe it will help Stupid fix a few trucks. I seem to be seeing fewer clogged valves now than I used to does anyone else think this? Seemed like for a while all I was doing was cleaning valves for low power concrns and EGR codes