Air in Fuel

Rate this topic

Putting a 6.4 back together after a cam replacement.  Having an issue with rail pressure.  Bled the system and crank, builds rail pressure, will run for 5 secs of so, then rail pressure drops from 5400ish to 2200ish, then stalls.  I then find a lot of air at the shraeder.  Bleed the system again, takes about two key cycles to purge the air, crank, build frp, starts, 5secs then stalls, again, air at the shraeder.  I was able to pull up power balance quick enough one time and found #1 to be dead.  I have no air in the filter bowl - removed cap, run the pump and visually look for air bubbles and nothing is showing in the bowl.  My gut is telling me I have compression blowing back through a tip (possibly #1) from maybe a piece of dirt from the injectors being out.  Any tips on trying to isolate which one it may be?  Anyone run across something like this in the past?

Also, removed fuel lines at the injectors, put balloons on the threaded portion that the fuel line connects to, crank it - no signs of combustion coming back through the inlet of the injector.