PCM part numbers

Rate this topic

dieseldoc

Hey guys I had a guy give me a couple pcms and idms out of some trucks he crushed a few years ago. The trouble is he had no idea what they are out of. I am curious if one of you awesome parts guys could tell me what they are out of by the part number and personality code off the tags.

The first PCM is a a part number F6TF-12A650-AXE and the code is MIF4

The second PCM is a part number XC3F-12A650-KG and the code is VXY4 (this one has a remanufactured sticker on it)

They are suppose to be out of diesels. My question is can I use these as a test module in any truck( i.e. It's out of a super duty 7.3 it can be used as a "will it start now" test unit. I'm sure it will have weird faults if it is not correct for the configuration, I don't care about that just want em to test and say yes the pcm is the cause of the no start, etc. it will be x amount for a new pcm.....

I have a couple idms would like to know the same things about them as well. Judging by the voltage rating on them one is for an obs(94-97) truck and the other is out of some version of super duty.

First part number is F6TF-12B599-AA

Second part number is XC3F-12B599-AC

My assumption is that the AA and AC should match the code on injectors........but would like to know if they will work in any truck for test purposes.

My last question concerns 6.0 FICM and PCM/TCM. He has an 05 6.0 auto truck that rolled he is going to haul in for scrap. Can i use thes modules for testers in any 6.0 model year F or E series? I know they will throw software mismatch codes but again just want to use them for we tested the circuits and believe it is the ficm or pcm failed. Plug the tester in to verify than we can sell the new module with confidence. Thank you for the information fellas i appreciate your insights.

Google is your friend:

The first fits a 96 E-van 7.3

http://www.obdtester.com/ford-ecu-update/e_series/7.3l_di_tc/1996/F6TF-12A650-AXE

The second is a 2000 F- 7.3

http://www.obdtester.com/ford-ecu-update/f_series_super_duty/7.3l_di_tc/2000/XC3F-12A650-KG

The third is a '96 E/F 7.3 IDM, probably the same van as the ECM.

http://www.fs1inc.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=82&enginesize=215&make=96&q=F6TF-12B599-AA&year=129&gclid=CJ2L0avEsNECFQaewAodXgoEvA&ppcsclkid=Vtf7OxMIk8gQ&ppcstrkid=1041783037&ppcsu=xhg7f5djqenopihsgalfeht

The last is a 99-03E/F IDM

http://www.fs1inc.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=82&enginesize=215&make=96&q=XC3F-12B599-AC&gclid=COjxtc3EsNECFcO4wAodjuQHHQ&ppcsclkid=XhGHiNCI64Q9&ppcstrkid=1041783037&ppcsu=xhg7f5djqenopihsgalfeht

To my knowledge the 6.0 stuff will be plug and play for a no-start. The 7.3 ECM changed pin configurations from /97 to 98/ and are not interchangeable. The 7.3 IDMs will start and run with codes.

Good Luck!

:grin:

• Like 1

Thanks Bruce. I googled but sometimes you never know if you can trust the net.....bonjour right.......lol. Thought I'd ask the experts to be sure. Now to verify they work in my personal trucks than I will hopefully have a set of test modules. Thanks for the info

One last question for you is if the pcm for the 2000 F 7.3 is from a manual transmission truck and I put it into an automatic equipped truck, it will work just fine for a test the engine should crank and start just fine?  I have a truck in the shop with pcm and idm faults I need to try one or both of these on. the testing for the faults is pretty vague as to where they are really taking you, it ultimately result in replacement of the pcm or idm depending on where and when the faults are present.    thanks bruce

The PCM controls the starter so you will probably have a no-crank because of the lack of a DTR (trans range sensor) in the circuit. My memory is foggy but I think I did this once and jumpered the starter relay to run the truck.  It ran fine with codes.

There are some IDM communication faults that occur when you put the wrong year IDM in the truck, but they're ghost codes- no CEL.  Are you chasing codes with no CEL? Does the truck start and run OK?

Whatever your codes are I'd lean more toward IDM than PCM, FWIW.

Good Luck!

:grin:

Cranks but will not start. It sees engine speed now with a Ford cam sensor. It will not start so don't know if the cel is on or not. I started a thread in the 7.3 forum on this with more details. So if I try the test pcm I should be able to key on than use my remote start switch on the starter relay n it should fire if the pcm is the issue is what your saying?

Cranks but will not start. It sees engine speed now with a Ford cam sensor. It will not start so don't know if the cel is on or not. I started a thread in the 7.3 forum on this with more details. So if I try the test pcm I should be able to key on than use my remote start switch on the starter relay n it should fire if the pcm is the issue is what your saying?