P252f with the oil level high

Rate this topic

I have a 2009 6.4 that is making oil fast. I drained the crankcase and set it to level, road tested around 8 kms and found it very high when short sticking it. I remover both valve covers and put 30 ml of dye in the secondary filter housing. I ran the hp fuel system test over ten times and found nothing under leaking. Drained the oil(which filled a 20 litre pale) and ran the low pressure fuel pump, turned the engine over with a ratchet and still found no trace of a leak. I find it very odd how I can't find anything obvious, I have to assume the high pressure fuel pump is leaking but it bothers me I can see anything. The thing that I have never see befor is it passes the hp fuel test cold but fails stage 5 by almost 1000 psi when hot. I am wondering if there is any other way of testing the hpp or has anyone tried bench test this pump? Any suggestions

Only input I can share is when in this situation and injectors are confirmed not to be leaking, is that the HPFP always looks "cleaner" than usual, and I have always been able to confirm a small film of fuel all over it. Never figured out where they leak, but it's easy to tell that they were. 

When I had a reman complete making oil right after the install I found it quite easy to locate the leak at the left fuel rail. If nothing is obvious under the valvecovers with dye in the fuel then i'd feel pretty comfortable putting a pump in it.