Engine Idle Shutdown & IDS

Rate this topic

I have a 2017 F550 that is a road department truck with a 6.8L that the Engine Idle Shut Down feature... shuts down the truck ans is should. In doing so, everything shuts off including radios, auxiliary lighting and safety stobes. No problem. The WSM says use IDS and follow the on screen instructions. I have done this before many times. Well, in IDS 104.02 it seems to be missing. Anyone see it and know where it is in the toolbox menu?

Well according to the Hot-Line the truck in question is not equipped with this feature. Fine. But, I assure you that if left idling, the truck completely shuts off in 5 minutes or so. Cycle the ignition and everything returns to operation... just like the trucks with the feature. I did not actually "verify" the concern with the intention of doing so but, the driver left the truck in park and running when he came into the service department and when I went out to the service drive the ignition was in run and the truck was off. So now I need to get this truck back in to actually see what it is doing. I am seeing a LOT of 2017 Super Duty trucks with all kinds of electrical concerns...