Pulley Tool Dimentions

Rate this topic

I was asked for some dimensions of the pulley holder tool that I posted about. More than one member here expressed an interest in making one of these so I took it a little further and disassembled the tool for better inspection to see what it was made from and how it was put together. The pictures are slightly crude and yes, I did not use a metric tape measure as this one was all I had at hand but it gives us all of the dimensions needed.  A couple of observations:

• Looks like the threaded rod was inserted into a slot cut into the 1" flat stock and then heavily welded from both sides.
  • The chain was connected to the flat stock with two drilled holes.
  • The cap was stick on the pipe - I left it on as not damage it trying to remove it but the picture shows what is going on there.
  • The pipe is flattened slightly in the middle to act with the flat stock to prevent everything from spinning when the handle is tightened.
  • Everything was lightly lubricated.
  • I think the pipe is about 1-1/2" stock

PulleyTool-1.jpg

PulleyTool-2.jpg

PulleyTool-3.jpg

PulleyTool-4.jpg

PulleyTool-5.jpg

PulleyTool-6.jpg

PulleyTool-7.jpg

PulleyTool-8.jpg

PulleyTool-9.jpg

PulleyTool-10.jpg

PulleyTool-11.jpg

PulleyTool-12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice! :thumbup:

I love it. One of my co-workers was worried about it marking up the pulley, but he used it anyway and found out that it doesn't. And the best part is that my buddy gave me all the pieces to build it.

The only mistake I made was crimping the pipe too tightly. I will never be able to take it all the way apart.