2.7 f150 engine replacement

Rate this topic

tonybullitt

I replaced 2 of these 2.7 recently. I removed the cabs to replace them. The cab comes off very quickly. I was able to beat warranty time on both. 1 was for the oil consumption tsb. The other one had recently had heads replaced for oil consumption by another dealer. Cab removal is very straight forward on these. Heater hoses, radiator hoses, a/c lines, connectors on lh fender well, abs module connector, front abs sensors connectors, master cyl, pcm connectors, 4x4 vacuum line. There is also a connector in the front rh side I reached down along side the grille to get at. Also there are 3 pushpins that need to be removed from front bumper I found raising the cab about 2 inches made them easier to get out. As I went back down I put pushpins back in before lowering all the way down. All cac tubes can stay on the engine. I only removed the air cleaner inlet y pipe. I used the ford special service tool for lifting the engine. It clears the intake and lifted very level. If I have one come in for heads under the oil consumption tsb I will remove engine put it on stand to replace heads. I have done heads in chassis and they are doable but this engine came out so quick.

• Like 1

Did you know? if you send hotline a question about how to proceed with repair on a truck with under 7k miles that just had heads put on at another dealer your fse will call you before hotline responds

• Like 1