2014 Needing A Second SCR System???

Rate this topic

Well folks, my 2014 F-250 is back again with the dreaded P207F yet again. This vehicle already had the SCR replaced at 38354 miles (3058 hours, 1037 idle hours) on November of 2015. Now it's back yet again, this time at 57306 miles (4868 hours, 1708 idle hours). Pinpoint test step RD24 can't really be done, because the engine is in idle only mode, and the fuel level is at less than an 1/8 of a tank. But NOx12 PID indicates 134 ppm with the engine at operating temperature at idle, after passing pinpoint test steps RD21 and RD23. Just curious if anyone has ever had a 2nd SCR system failure?

I believe the owner is likely a major cause of the issue. 12.5 avg MPH on the 1st and 11.8 on the 2nd. 

Being a wide frame the DPF is after the SCR cat. I suspect that it is being heavily sooted up from all the idling and/or low speed operation.

Pull EGT 13 and see how caked the soot is on it. 

You could try running a couple of regens and see if the cleans it up some.

Well, I managed to to perform a manual regen with it, clear SCR tables and clear the P207F itself. I'm now having issues trying to get it to exit the forced idle mode. I sat there trying to keep it between 2000 to 2500 RPMs and get seem to get EGT 1_4 to increase any higher than 402*F before my right foot almost fell asleep and I gave up. Makes me want to priate an old accelerator pedal (if I can get my hands on one) and gut the spring out of it to construct a "tool" dedicated exclusively for this purpose.

If you take control of VGT and raise the duty cycle to restrict exhaust flow it will make the EGTs go up BUT the last truck I had trouble with exiting forced idle this did not work on. That was many years ago when we had to replace PCMs for this.

Odd, I just had my first truck that needed its second scr system, luckily still under warranty. Both times for p207f and black smoke on wot. 

What was the engine hour count versus mileage?

I forget the km vs hours, but it did not seem way out other wise i would have remembered.  This guy use to have a 6.0 that would plug an ebb tube fast. Maybe this guy runs shit fuel, he is in the construction industry  :rotz: