Trying to remove all Ford software from laptop...Need help.

Rate this topic

My laptop is no longer needed for work and I have been removing all the Ford IDS/PTS software from it. Only thing I can't seem to get rid of is the Software Update program for IDS. There is no un-install option available. I have found the folder with the short cut destination file, but I just don't like going into my "C" drive and removing folders. I also have some big programs installed that I would have to re-install if I use a restore point, If it's still there that is. I also don't want to do a complete system restore because I may not get Windows 10 back. Any ideas?

PTS > Diagnostic Tool Support > IDS Support > IDS Troubleshooting Guide and find the file download on that page. Save it to your desktop for easy locating and double click the file and run it. It does the job credibly.

"cleanupids.exe"

You cant just delete folders. You must use the uninstall tool to remove ALL traces and clean the system registry.

Thanks.  I may still have the program on my laptop. I though it was obsolete since they added the uninstall option to IDS awhile ago. Never thought to use it.

Tried "cleanIDS", it's still there. If I do a factory reset, which will take me back to Windows 8, I think, maybe 7, will I still be able to get the free upgrade to 10?

Got it. After a few google searches I found the company that wrote the program. They had an un-installer, but it only removed the shortcuts. After a few more searches I found out all that's needed is to go into processes and stop the program from running then delete the FLEXnet folder. A quick couple of registry cleaner runs and all is good.

• Like 1