Shuttle bus ic goes dead

Rate this topic

2008 e450 shuttle bus with wheel chair lift. Customer states ic goes dead. Van sets over voltage and under voltage codes in all modules. There mechanic has replaced batteries and alt no change. A different Ford dealer has replaced cluster and spw it a second time. It hasn't acted up on me yet. It does have aftermarket idle up and aftermarket larger alt. The bus mechanic said with the idle up unhooked has still done it. Any ideals?

I did a 'cluster goes dead' the other day. 2011 F150 lost all gauges and displayed 'shift to park' in the message center while in the middle of a road test. Once back in the bay it presented as a no crank no start. Found no PCM communication due to the HS CAN being pulled down. In the end I found an aftermarket tracking device (fleet truck) tied into the MS CAN wiring up under the dash near the DLC as the culprit. Perhaps you also have an intermittent network issue?

Thanks, very good ideal. Being an econoline I will look at the wires under drivers sill plate. I have found plenty of communication concerns there. I think was a tsb at one time.

Had a similar concern the other day. Ended up being the connection within the IC that the main wire harness plugs into . It was doing all kinds of weird stuff! 

Today this cluster was inop when I started it up. No communication with cluster by the time I try running network test it is working and passes. I removed trim from around cluster and on e series goes p as st radio. The extra switches door control is a plate screwed to trim. Upon removal I find the rear blower motor switch wires all heat damaged. Closer inspection revealed the heat damaged wires laying on harness to fast idle battery maintainer control pulled open melted conduit and two wires melted together. I pulled them apart test drove 30 miles didn't act up. I am going to repair wires put in new blower switch and see what happens.

Repaired blower motor switches and wires. Cluster acted up right away found if I wiggled the 26 pin connector I could get it to act up. Of course no connector listed available. Salvage yard said none available also looked in wire pigtail book and one of them looked like it. Had parts get me that one the lever lock is different but the pins and shell inside are the same. I soldered in new pigtail reusing the lever and it worked for a little while then acted up. wiggled connector and can make it come and go. Upon closer inspection found one of the pins shorter then the rest in cluster. ordered cluster. I pulled cluster apart and was able to push pin back into place. The pin pushes back down very easily. It appears someone wasn't straight when they tried plugging it in. Looked in wiring diagrams and pushed in pin is ground.