2005 F150 Dead Short-CJB

Rate this topic

Anyone seen any of these? Disconnect battery cable to CJB and short is gone. So that leaves 90% of the trucks electrical system thaat could be the problem. These having issues with water intrusion? CJB is apparently a smart module like Mopars TIPM? Not sure where to start other than to start pulling fuses and relays one at a time. But some of the main relays are part of the CJB. 

When short is present headlights come on and can not turn them off. Can not disconnect main power wire to CJB. Or at least is so tight i suspect will break terminal loose. I disconnected 6 terminal connectors from CJB and reconnected one at a time. No short for about 2 minutes. 

I just got totally beat up by a bad battery on a similar model year F-150. Cust insisted it was a Parasitic draw, we said no it's a battery. He brings it back a month later, claims the battery was replaced and it's still dying overnight. He basically lied to us about the replacement

Replaced battery. Now we wait. I think that's all that was wrong. I'm an asshole about battery condition. Check them every time I raise a hood. This appears to be brand new. Nope. Will attach picture later.

Jeeze look at the date sticker!

EXACTLY! It was sooooo old i mis-read it. DOH! It fired right up after sitting all weekend. Not sure if the truck is still at the shop or not. I'll check tomorrow.