Source for female PCM terminal?

Rate this topic

Short version:

I need a small female pin for PCM connector C1551B on a 2011 F150. Where oh where can I find one? I have gone through all of my scrap harnesses and can't find a matching female terminal.

Long version:

I have a nightmare little F150 in my bay. 2011 Ecoboost came in for AWA (we have an aversion to making money) phasers and main timing chain replacement due to a startup rattle after cold soak. I took the cab off and completed the repair. Started the thing up and found it to have a P0620 and a charging system warning illuminated.

I figured that I pinched a wire during the repair and checked continuity on GENMON and GENCOM between the PCM and the generator - all good. I then load tested those two circuits, plus the 12v sense pin at the generator - all good. Also checked for shorts together, shorts to power and shorts to ground - all good. At this point I put a NAPA alternator in it (Motorcraft backordered). No change. Bummer.

I determined that sometime during my repair the PCM took a dive. To do this I took a known good 2011 F150 off the lot and connected its GENMON and GENCOM PCM circuits via 30' leads to my faulty truck's GENMON and GENCOM circuits at its generator C102A. Essentially I setup the known good PCM to run the faulty truck's alternator and circuitry. I ran both trucks and my GENMON and GENCOM pids both read 'no fault' on the good truck. Reverse the test - faulty truck's PCM running the good truck's alternator - and I see my GENCOM pid faulted on the failed truck.

My SM wanted pin fit checked (despite C1551B and C102A never being disconnected during the initial repair). In the process of 'tightening' then GENCOM female terminal I damaged it. I got the pin out but I now need a replacement.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/topic/6024-connector-info/?hl=connectors

I would probably start with Mouser. Try to find any numbers on the connector...pics would also help. If I remember those are gold plated.

Maybe DU2Z-14474-CA??

Also maybe call Ford Racing Techline 1-800-367-3788

If all else fails it would seem that PR Ford has a known good on their lot :)

This probably won't help much but I'll make the offer.  I have several 6.2/6.7 PCM connector plugs and can probably get you not only a pigtail wire but likely with the right colors.  They are already disassembled, about 6-8" long and in a box. The down side is I'm out of town until next weekend and obviously the border could be an issue.

When I was building my PCM demo boxes I spent a lot of time trying (unsuccessfully) to get those female pins, I hope your luck is better than mine.  Everything I found was too big, IIRC the male is about .020" wide.

Good Luck!

If you could supply a pic of the overall connector and the pin itself I can look. I have alot of used harnesses and especially pcm connectors. I'm not too far from you... In the same end of the same country anyways.

Got it. A colleague saved my bacon and pulled out a spare pin which comes from the remote start hood pin switch kits. Perfect match and fit like a glove. 

Also, newer models have terminal part numbers listed on the 'connector view' section of some connectors. I was able to cross-reference the 2011 F150 3.5 turbo with a newer model (same PCM connector). 8WA you nailed it with your part number. Nice digging!

To close this out, PCM fixed it after first installing a new alternator. Highly suspect that a diode physically let go in the regulator when the alternator was removed for the initial repair and on first startup it sent a healthy dose of current to the PCM's GENCOM driver.

I think the one you're looking for, for future reference to anyone who finds this in the future, would be part number 571-1241381-1 or 1241381-1 thru Mouser. They have the PDF technical drawing to confirm if size dimensions are correct to the pin you were looking for.

I know this is a fairly old topic, but I just finished replacing a couple female pins on a Connect...  The part number was 9s4z-14s411-aa.  I don't know if it's the same as the one you're looking for.