p2291 hot no start 2008 f550

Rate this topic

Not terribly familiar with the 6.4 and high pressure system issues but here is what I have.  Truck is a 2008 f550 with a dpf delete service body.  Only issue it has is a no start when hot.  Only code was p2291 so went through pced and steps for p2291.  found the high pressure pump was faulty.  replaced high pressure pump ran truck and seemed ok. after long hard road test it started but had a slightly long crank 3-5 seconds but always started.  customer called back this morning with a no start hot.  went through some of the other threads on this issue and none seem to apply.  vcv and pcv both ramp up but high pressure only builds to 800- 1500 max psi.  no metal in fuel.  high pressure system passes lwo pressure when hot is around th 6 -7 psi mark.  oil level is ok no fuel in oil, mist test ok. didn't look at my frt pids yet.  truck is coming in sometime today just wondering where would be a good place to start.  no dye in the oil or under vavle cover doing return port test?  any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just getting to this thing today hopefully.  Have not done the return port test as of yet.  The lines and seals at the pump were replaced with the new hpfp and torqued as per the Viton seal.  Going to check for air getting back into system as well.  I'll post back if I find something.

So got back to it the return port leak test failed but truck cools to fast to get apart and inspect injectors.  Did 8 injectors and road tested got to 62 degrees ftp no started fine.  put over 100 km on no issues.  Did inspection after all good fluid levels good including oil.  Customer picked up took home and truck ran away on the highway another 100 km later.  Oil level is way over full this morning.  I really hate this truck lol.  Time to find out which rebuilt injector is bad.