P06A7 code

Rate this topic

2011 F-550, recent engine replacement, came back with a complaints of extended crank, low power, boost gauge at 40psi koeo.  P06A7 active.  IDS shows 5v v ref.  Multi meter shows 3.6 volts.  I have most of the sensors unplugged at the moment - still have the tps, crank and cam sensor and dpf pressure sensor still plugged in. (getting side tracked with other shop stuff)  What have you guys been finding causing the short typically with this fault code?  

Ford has a GSB for these vref codes.  That code has the reductant pressure sensor, egr valve, ebp, cmp and map sensors on it.  I have found a lot of them are the ebp wiring all melted together inside the heat wrap have had to cut out all of the sensors in there and re-route the harness over the egr cooler abnd back to vgt, map and ebp.  Pretty much all of them have been 550 service bodys.   Unplugging the ebp and map won't change it for mine anyway as it is usually brittle and melted in the heat wrap.

• Like 1