Powertrain Lift

Rate this topic

Our service department finally got an OTC Powertrain lift. I finally got to use it today to remove an aft axle tank from a truck. Nice piece of equipment. I have seen a few engine and trans assemblies come out on it too. The universal brackets are a nice feature too. You bolt the trans to them and they will hold it in place when removing the engine. Anyone else have one?

• 3 weeks later...

At my dealer we have both powertrain lifts. The otc 1585a we use more for subframes and fuel tanks. We typically use the otc 5285 for the engine and trans.  I just replaced a 1.5 in a fusion earlier this week and lucked out. No one else was using either lift so I was able to leave subframe on the 1585 and used the 5285 for engine and trans. Using both on same job is really awesome.

otc 1585a.jpg

otc powertrain lift.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just found out about these yesterday, Euro shops seem to give them good reviews.  Someone did mention a release valve issue but they supposedly AGA got that resolved. Kind of made me wonder if it would be a good idea for lift tables to have a safety lock.