Programmable parameters

Rate this topic

I have never had to but I recently replaced a PCM in a transit for the local utility company that came from the factory speed limited to 75 MPH. The PMI carried over the speed limitation. I did see it checking the configuration but resisted to mess with it. What is the problem? You can't set this?

You mean like this?

I've tried it on my own truck just for S's and G's while switching out my summer wheels and tires (20's) to my winters (18's on steel rims) and programming in the appropriate tire size under the Programmable Parameters menu. It seems to go successfully, and then lead me to going around in circles, if you know what I mean. So it never goes through. It's not that I feel any need to go faster than 95 mph in my 4+ ton truck (I can hardly go faster than 20 mph when I'm stuck in traffic on my way to and from, let alone highway speeds). But I was just curious, since that option is available on these particular trucks. On other vehicles, that option doesn't even exist altogether.

Ive been setting our F550s at 75mph. I believe the disable parameter is to remove the 65 or 75 restrictions but it will still have the overall 95mph limit. 

On the 2017s I have also been able to set idle time shutdown unlike the previous years when you had to special order that option!