14 Ram 5500 6.7 transfer case

Rate this topic

Regular customer of mine has a Ram with a nasty clunk in the transfer case in 4x4 when switching from reverse to forward. Fluid looks a little burnt and is full of metal. I have access to wsm through identifix but I don't know what kind of labor for tear down. Writer is pushing for just replacing but I would like to know exactly what happened and see if can be repaired. Priced a new unit from local dealer and thought price of 1240.00 was actually not terrible. If anybody could give me some information it would be appreciated.

On 12/22/2017 at 1:58 PM, guthr9 said:

Regular customer of mine has a Ram with a nasty clunk in the transfer case in 4x4 when switching from reverse to forward. Fluid looks a little burnt and is full of metal. I have access to wsm through identifix but I don't know what kind of labor for tear down. Writer is pushing for just replacing but I would like to know exactly what happened and see if can be repaired. Priced a new unit from local dealer and thought price of 1240.00 was actually not terrible. If anybody could give me some information it would be appreciated.

7.5 hrs for R&R and Overhaul. No breakdown for teardown and diagnosis.  

There are a couple of add-ons for different drive shafts and skid plates.

Joe

• Like 1