Warranty For Gassed Up Diesels After Repair

Rate this topic

mchan68

Just curious, but is there a way to flag diesel powered vehicles in OASIS after they've been misfueled? The reason for this question is because I had an F-550 in on the hook gassed up, a while back which had already been to another dealer where a quote was provided to repair, and then declined by the customer and brought into my dealer. The vehicle was too large to bring into my shop for me to work on, let alone get into the extremely intrusive repair needed to correct such a mistake. I've already had this conversation with my service manager regarding the size limitations of certain vehicles, only for it to fall on deaf ears almost every time. Anyhow, on the vehicle described above, I was requested to provide a quote to simply drain and refill the vehicle with diesel and let it go. Grudgingly, I did as requested, but not before I wrote on the RO comments that I take no responsibility for any future issues that may arise pertaining to the fuel system for failing to complete the correct repair as per Ford Motor Company, with the published recommendation printed and attached. Fast forward to today, another such truck rolls in on the hook for the exact same error made. These are rental trucks by the way, so that this story makes sense. The only difference today is, the truck in question today is a '18 model year with all of 828 kilometers on the clock. So, to reiterate, what is the correct protocol to follow should such an error occur, but the customer declines the correct fuel system replacement and requests you simply perform a drain and refill? Is there a way to flag the vehicle in OASIS without actually voiding the entire warranty altogether? My main reason for this question is so that, after the half assed "repair" is done, the vehicle doesn't end up at another dealer with a subsequent fuel system issue without that dealer being aware of this error in its history, and unknowingly puts it through under warranty when it shouldn't be.

There is a warranty cancellation request form you can search for on FMC, and you can select just the fuel system as an option if I remember correctly. Of course it will end up in a phone call to your dealer from some Ford rep who will simply tell you that unless YOU can PROVE that gasoline actually caused damage, that it has to be covered. So then you will perform a repair, only to have it get kicked because the aforementioned Ford rep will not give you a prior approval code, or be there to get the claim paid once kicked. 

Moral of the story is just send an email to hotline and let them decide what to do.

Notice how it has a FMC360 case number section? That means only someone with access to FMC360 like a service manager, has to file one of those first. So you have to get the SM on board before you can do anything. It's as if Ford doesn't wan't to receive any of these?