2018 6.2L Fan Clutch Stays On

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

2018 F350 with a 6.2L and the Visctronic fan clutch stays on despite no command from the PCM. No codes. Data logger shows no engine or trans temperature related issues at all. Fan speed shows high but of course it would... you would think that would set a code. There really are no diagnostics for this other than to inspect the fan and replace the clutch, which I did and it had no affect. Hot-Line had me test the circuits involved which I did - even isolated them and load tested each. Load tested the buffered 12v from the PCM - thought it read on the meter but would not light a test light. New PCM does. Still no fix. Manager said to throw another clutch at it, which I did and it had no affect. Reached back to the Hot-Line but I was wondering if any of you have seen this?

By the way, have you tried to remove the shroud on one of these? I don't understand why, with that clip in section on the bottom the engineers could not have recessed the lower half another INCH which would make the job so much easier.