Clearing FC 1922 Cummins 6.7L ISB

Rate this topic

Fault Code:

The code was set as a result of a stuck open EGR valve that was run that way for a while... I had three EGR codes originally which are now gone after cleaning the EGR valve, throttle body, EGR adapter and the intake heater grate. The 1922 is still "active" - I performed the diagnostics in EDS and came to the conclusion that the DPF was clogged so it got replaced. The differential pressure numbers came down as a result but I can't clear the code. The conditions needed to do so involve performing a stationary regen and passing which will turn off the red and amber check engine lights. However INSITE will not execute the regen with the active 1922 code. I have NO OTHER CODES PRESENT at this time so I can't figure out what the deal is. I am looking for real world advice before I escalate this which I hate doing 'cause Cummins Care can be like the Soup Nazi  if you know what I mean!

Seek and you shall find the information... but I did not find this anywhere in the Cummins resources I was using. Using INSITE, you must clear the aftertreatment history which will turn fc1922 inactive and shut off the red check engine light. Then you can perform a manual regen and validate the repair.

1922 requires a reset before you can command a regen.  In the test menu you will find one of the following:

DOC Reset

DPF Reset

DOC/DPF Reset

To find it, look in Advanced ECM Data/Aftertreatment Maintenance, if you're using Cummins Insite.

Whichever one it has, run it.  It should have been done when you replaced or cleaned the DPF anyway.  

Then command the stationary regen.  You'll be all set.

Joe