p012f 2011 f450

Rate this topic

this is a national guard vehicle. it does idle a lot.  I have been fighting this for about 3 years now. about every 6 months it will set this code and tech line has been no help.  I have replaced eot and ect sensors overlayed eot sensor wiring replaced pcm. flushed coolant  last time hot line said to check valley in upper oil pan for plug disloged internally. I did not see an issue but replaced it and the oil cooler. 2 months later it came back and hotline again suggested an overlay.  I can never duplicate the issue  sets overnight and the sensors read the same and when I drive it they both increase and stay with in 4 degrees of each other.  does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do to resolve this?  thanks for any help.

MAF_A 928 g/s at idle? Issue with the signal return RE405, sensor or PCM needs a new calculator :chinrub2:

Run time is :02...This thing sure does warm up fast according to ECT & EGRT, is the block heater plugged in?

I do not know if block heater is being used.  according to the obd theory is should detect if block heater is being used. the run time is what I can not figure out. if I drive the vehicle a let it sit for a couple of hours I can not get this spread in temp difference.  it does have a new pcm in it.

Entry conditions should be 8 hrs. soak, I can't remember if there is a key off timer pid. Just thinking out loud...maybe BCM or something is not waking up the PCM until the vehicle has been running for a while????

• 3 weeks later...

By the freeze frame it Sure seems like the block heater is plugged in or it has an espar / webasto heater running. Soak time would be handy to know here. There was a reflash years back to prevent a cel  and P012f when block heater was used overnight.