2011 Ford F-250 (6.2L) Alternator Fire (need help)

Rate this topic

the_twig_187

Hi guys,

I have a 2011 Ford F-250 (6.2L gas)

Vin # 1FTBF2B69BEA06681

Story goes, engine bay was seen smoking when driver got to job site. Lifted hood and saw small fire in middle engine above alternator and put it out with fire extinguisher. Towed back to me and I found alternator control pigtail (3 wire connector) melted at the alternator and damage/melted to the square intake air box above the alternator just before the throttle body. Everything else looked ok so I replaced the alternator, got a new pigtail for the control wires and a new intake box. started the truck and it runs well but the alternator charging voltage is very scattered and jumps around from 13.2 to 14 volts for approx 10 sec until the battery light comes on the dash and then im guessing the PCM takes over and it steady's the voltage at 13.6 volts. Scan for codes and retrieve code (P065B = Generator Control Circuit Range/Performance)

I was wondering if anyone could help me by providing the PPT for code P065B and the PCM pin out chart/diagram (I know the ppt is going to have me check the circuit from the pcm to the alternator)

thank you very much I greatly appreciate the help

p.s. I searched the internet before attempting to bug anyone on here but I came up empty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...