Tesla Powered F-450

Rate this topic

mchan68

• 1 month later...

swapping tesla parts into older vehicles is a fast growing business. Ive seen classic mustangs, audis, custom sand trucks etc all swapped. Pretty cool actually. 

Now that you mention it, I vaguely recalled seeing a classic Volkswagen Beetle from the '60s era fully restored, but powered by an all electric motor floating around somewhere. The job was done so cleanly, right down to the last detail where the factory original fuel filler houses the universal charging port as though it came that way from new. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm sure some purists aren't too receptive to it. I thought it was pretty cool personally.

Anyone with the skills and resources can retrofit a vehicle nicely especially if they have the passion and time to do so. Personally I prefer to see that approach as opposed to the Frankenstein throw it together method. I can see cobbling one of these together at first for determining if it's going to fit/work and how to make it look good. I think I have seen that VW Bug too.  I know Bruce is a VW enthusiast maybe he has seen it.