Weird buzz test on 6.0L

Rate this topic

Hi Guys,

have this 2004 6.0 f-250.Customer states just quit while at highway speed.Towed in.Crank no start.Has po263 and 272.There is a ssm concerning test p which is asking for some test on ficm curcuits.Thought I would run a buzz test just for kicks.Wow! First stage all buzz or click except number 4.Next round only five injectors click,Then a somewhat long pause and misses almost all.Test results passed injector test.Have fuel pressure.Has any one run into this before?Did look for chaffing,but found none.Thanks

Wow, that is kinda messed up.

I can say that I've seen fuses that weren't installed properly in the Battery Junction Box (from the factory) and they've caused all sorts of odd, intermittent problems. Although I've yet to see one cause any noticible driveability concerns (aside from check engine lights), I'm sure that it's possible.

It's funny, they look like they're properly installed, but on closer inspection you can see that the fuse blades aren't really installed into the female pins in the junction box - rather, they get smashed "next" to the pins and don't always make good contact.

Any chance that maybe the FICM isn't installed properly? (Maybe it was previously removed and the brackets were bent or something, now it's forcing the connectors & wiring that plug directly into the FICM to smash into the valve cover or something??)

Dave