P1548

Rate this topic

2019 F750 6.7L - P1548 - Engine Air Filter Restriction - This DTC sets when the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is less than a calibrated value during high demand acceleration engine operating conditions.

Truck has 927 miles and 143 hours. There are no pinpoint tests for this code and the code action simply states to inspect air filter and check for exhaust restrictions. I found none and the filter is pretty clean.  Hot-Line suggests anything that can restrict airflow through the engine can cause this code. Okay, I inspected the exhaust, Smoked the intake and removed the MAP to inspect it. No concerns found. 

So I am back to square one. Anyone see this one?

This DTC sets when the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is less than a calibrated value during high demand acceleration engine operating conditions.
This DTC sets when the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is less than a calibrated value during high demand acceleration engine operating conditions.

Does it come back if you clear it?  MAP should be very close to atmospheric at full throttle.  If it is, then I'd try a MAF calibration, then maybe a new MAF.   

Also, you might want to edit your post.  You show it as a P2048 even though your title line is correct.  

Also also, being that is is a F750, it has a powerstroke and not a cummins, right?

Joe

24 minutes ago, JoeR said:

Also also, being that is is a F750, it has a powerstroke and not a cummins, right?

Joe

The vehicle referenced in the post is stated as a 2019 model year, which means it's likely a 6.7L Powerstroke, not a Cummins which I believe the last model year is offered on 2015.

2 hours ago, mchan68 said:

The vehicle referenced in the post is stated as a 2019 model year, which means it's likely a 6.7L Powerstroke, not a Cummins which I believe the last model year is offered on 2015.

That's good info.  I thought the Cummins could still be had in the 650 and up chassis. 

You learn something new every day...

Joe

4 hours ago, Keith Browning said:

Yes, this is a 6.7L Power Stroke. The Cummins was it's last Ford in 2015.

Well I'm sorry to see the Cummins go.  I like them.  Too bad it took me 5 years to figure it out!!  :-)

At least my advice holds true then.  The calibrated value they talk about is derived from the MAF.  At least that's the way it is with other engines.  If it's scaled wrong you will get MAF/MAP error codes.  On gas engines they will kill the throttle for you too.

Joe

So high load and FRP?

So just thinking out loud...Is this similar to a P0101 except it's for the Map sensor or P2074? I am guessing you already checked the KOEO sensors for bias?

Have you tried a MAF sensor reset/clear?

• 8 months later...

Had a guy from another dealer call me about this has the same issue. My truck never returned and never found the cause. After discussing this with the Hot-Line all I did was replace the air filter even though i told them it was clean. Still baffled. Not knowing is one of the worst sometimes! LOL!