2006 6.0 Turbo boosts while braking.

Rate this topic

I have one coming in today, it supposedly has 2 ebp codes. They claim while going down a mountain and on the brakes the turbo will spool up. (This makes the truck go even faster). They also see increased boost psi on the gauge! What am I going to look for. I never heard of something like this. Am I going to find it is chipped or has a jake brake?

No codes present. It IS chipped with a banks system. It also has a oversized intercooler, ductwork etc. Can't find a jakebrake. Would just love if a fse walked in.

I would document the aftermarket equipment on the repair order and tell the customer to return the truck to stock and re-evaluate the concern before even THINKING about touching that truck! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/2cents.gif

The oversized intercooler, piping and boots are not going to cause a boost at idle. I have seen where the ebp sensor will go bad and cause the turbo to think that it needs to be at a higher boost level. I have also seen where there are guys with programming that will actuate the vanes in the turbo to act like an engine brake. However, this is only active when the vehicle is moving. I would look at the relation between the EBP sensor and the turbo boost. They should be within I think 4 psi of each other.