UPS Truck Engines

Rate this topic

I have read the posts about some of you Navistar guys working on VT-365 engines on UPS trucks and I know the VT has a slightly different tone to it than the Power Stroke. I was out cleaning the driveway in our first winter storm of the year today and one of the smaller UPS trucks slid by my house. It sounded more like a VT-265 when it took off. Is it possible the v-6 is in some of these trucks or was it the sleet filling my ears affecting my hearing? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I have read the posts about some of you Navistar guys working on VT-365 engines on UPS trucks and I know the VT has a slightly different tone to it than the Power Stroke. I was out cleaning the driveway in our first winter storm of the year today and one of the smaller UPS trucks slid by my house. It sounded more like a VT-265 when it took off. Is it possible the v-6 is in some of these trucks or was it the sleet filling my ears affecting my hearing? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I agree I have never seen a 275 in one yet But they may exsist.Possibly the sound difference you heard were from the two dead injectors it had, combined with a flashback you were having from a Bad day at work LOL!!! J/k