6.2 Tuner Locked Reprogramming Problem

Rate this topic

JoeR

I could use some help.  I've got a 2016 F250 that had a CNG conversion on it.  It was sold at auction to a used car lot.  That used car lot removed the obvious CNG stuff thinking it would be impossible to sell like that.  They left behind the add-on CNG processor, the intake manifold with CNG injectors and the add-on engine harness.  It now has a Check engine lamp with codes for missing  fuel tank switch and indicator lamp.  It won't pas emission inspection like this so it has to be fixed.

I called the manufacturer and installer of the system.  There was a bit of a language barrier, but they told me I could just return the PCM to stock programming and it should clear those codes.  They said I'd have to program it like I was installing a used PCM because it  was tuner locked.  I checked with my HP Tuner and it is definitely locked.  The IDS does not identify it when I try to start a new session.  The problem I can't get past is when it asks for the VIN, it doesn't recognize it, and then it asks me for the PCM number, Cal code or Tear Tag.  It won't recognize any of those either.  I've tried it a dozen times and can't get past there.  Before I just install a new PCM, is  there anything else I need to do to reprogram a tuner locked PCM?

Any advice is welcome.

Joe

From my experience once you are at the point you are and you are not getting in it's over.  You can't reprogram modules without identifying the vehicle otherwise you would do a PMI using As-Built data. Hopefully someone knows a workaround.