Fuel Tank PN# LC3Z-9002-Q

Rate this topic

mchan68

This may sound like a dumb question, but can anybody tell me if there's a way to find out the fuel tank capacity of the part number listed above? If it matters, it's on my new '21 F-250 CCSB 6.7L. I have searched HvBOM high and low, and cannot find it.

The pic above, is for a gasser with part number LC3Z-9002-G. Mine is a 6.7L diesel with a 'Q' suffix. But yeah, someone told me I likely have a 34 gallon tank. I just haven't been able to find anything written that confirms that. I just know that it costs substantially more to fill up this tank than it did my 2016 truck of similar cab and box configuration.

NOPE. Just trying to figure out exactly what my tank capacity is. I know for a fact, it is definitely larger than the ridiculously small 26 gallon tank I had on my 2016.

I am sure you have... asked your parts person? Looked at your window sticker? FWIW the WSM shows the same info... which I am sure you saw.  At least the Owner's guide gives you more information. :D I recall there being fuel tank configuration data in the cluster which might tell you straight out. 

Item Specification
Fuel Tank Capacity  
Midship mounted tank 26.5  gal ( 100.3  L)
Midship mounted tank 29  gal ( 109.8  L)
Midship mounted tank 34  gal ( 128.7  L)
Midship mounted tank 48  gal ( 181.7  L)
Aft of axle mounted tanks 40  gal ( 151.4  L)

Thanks guys! I'll be damned. I searched through the owner's manual and couldn't find it (I guess I didn't search hard enough). Yes Keith, I did see that information in the workshop manual but that still leaves four different possibilities for a midship tank. I finally found it through Forscan while I was playing around programmable parameters.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 9:03 AM, Ford Doctor said:

Does FORScan work with Ford VCMs?  I downloaded it but have not used it yet.

Yup. And I even paid for their lifetime subscription too.

• 3 months later...

I eventually discovered this. While not as comprehensive as IDS or FDRS it's quicker and does no tie you into the Professional Technician System by VIN. ;)