Technician Warranty Repair Privilege Suspension Policy

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Seems like this is fallout from the door latch recalls? I am aware of a lot of problems there...

BACKGROUND
Recent Dealer Incomplete Recall Repair Process (DIRRP) investigations have discovered that some technicians were not completing repairs as claimed. Ford and Lincoln take the safety of our customers very seriously and submitting a claim for a repair that was not completed can put customers at risk and cause liability for dealerships and Ford Motor Company. As a result, Ford is implementing the Technician Warranty Repair Privilege Suspension Policy.

SUMMARY
If a technician is found to have a trend of not completing repairs as claimed, the technician will be suspended from completing any Ford and Lincoln paid repairs (Warranty, FSA, ESP, etc.) for a specified period of time. The length of the suspension will be dependent on the number of repairs claimed but confirmed to have not been completed.

Note: This policy applies to confirmed incomplete repairs prior to the policy being implemented.

Number of Confirmed Incomplete Repairs Warranty Repair Privilege Suspension Period
0-4 Repairs 0 Months
5-9 Repairs 6 Months
10-14 Repairs 12 Months
15-19 Repairs 18 Months
20-24 Repairs 24 Months
25-29 Repairs 30 Months
30+ Repairs 36 Months

STARS Suspension.pdf

It looks like this applies to FSA's in particular. I know that at my dealership and the dealership my wife is the warranty admin that there have been instances where repairs were needed after the door latch recalls were supposedly performed and the numbers on the latches indicated a "discrepancy."  

That is a problem.  If that is true then there are some real scumbags in our ranks.  

I wonder where else there are issues... at least this policy allows for identifying the techs who are not doing their jobs properly and taking corrective actions. We can bitch about labor times and screwed up procedures all we want which is different matter entirely. Not following procedures is inexcusable.