6.7 fuel system

Rate this topic

Hi all, I’m a fairly young ford tech and am about to do my first fuel system on a 2018 f450 6.7. I was just wondering if anyone has some tricks they wouldn’t mind passing down or even a list of steps as to how you do your fuel system replacements however you found to be the fastest! Am looking to try to make decent time on my first one and just looking for advice! (Pump failure, metal contamination!) 

Only thing I do different is I remove the EGR cooler to get at the right bank injectors instead of going through the inner fender well. As far as making time, there are no short cuts, just experience.

• Like 1

Exactly as Leon stated. Unless you encounter things that break during disassembly a fuel system replacement is straight forward and not overly complicated.  Keep in mind that we all love making time/money, but this is something you want to be thorough with to be absolutely the system is clean. 

• 3 weeks later...

If it is your first time, follow the WSM. That way if anything goes sideways you have some backing. Speed comes with experience. After you have done a particular job several times you will discover tricks and easier ways. Most guys that I worked with over the years that were looking for tricks right from the start, never made it very long on flat rate.