Hearing Protection

Rate this topic

forddieseldoctor

Hearing Protection Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear hearing protection while at work?

• Always. My shop mandates it.
    • Always. My shop does not mandate it but I don't wanna end up with hearing damage.
    • More than 50% of the time.
    • Less than 50% of the time.
    • Only when I am making a bunch of noise.
    • Never.
  2. 2. What type of hearing protection do you prefer?

• Ear plugs
    • Headphone or Muff style
    • Something else

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 58 years old and attended a wedding this weekend with a bunch of fellow techs.  It was funny, but kinda not funny, how all of us had the same problem of not being able to hold a conversation if there was high background noise.  Ages ranged from 40 to 60 but we all had the same type of hearing loss.  

Protect your ears, Gents.  If not you'll be the guy sitting in the restaurant wondering what everyone else at the table is talking about.

Joe  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoeR said:

I'm 58 years old and attended a wedding this weekend with a bunch of fellow techs.  It was funny, but kinda not funny, how all of us had the same problem of not being able to hold a conversation if there was high background noise.  Ages ranged from 40 to 60 but we all had the same type of hearing loss.  

Protect your ears, Gents.  If not you'll be the guy sitting in the restaurant wondering what everyone else at the table is talking about.

Joe  

Sad to say… I’m already there. And I’m only 37. Doesn’t bother me too much as I’m usually fairly anti-social. But it pisses my wife off to no end. 

It is odd that I have that same group chat issue but can hear a fork dropped across the restaurant and hear bearing noise and squeaking belts. I worked with young guys that had hearing loss too. They could hear a service advisor writing up a brake job but were deaf for a driveabiity or overnight battery drain customer conversation.