2003 E-450 fuel pressure problem

Rate this topic

I got a 2003 E-450 7.3 in for no start. I got it running in my buy and let it idle then it started to run rough and die. I tried re started and would not got, I checked icp and found that it is making good icp but not starting. I hook my gauge up to the pump and found no fuel pressure. I can hear the pump running so I tie into the back side of the pump. Unfortunately the bus has all the fuel lines replaced with a rubber type hose and some kind of bullshit filter right before the pump. I remove that and find that one of the hose's to the pump looks collapsed inside. I installed a new hose and now I have fuel pressure and the truck starts and runs. I drive it two different time and over 45 kms and found it running good. The owner takes it the next day and it die not even a block away. I was thinking that there might be more problems with the rubber hose so I take a small jug of diesel to run the truck on to get it back to the shop. It now will not suck any fuel up, not even right off the back off the pump. This is a brand new Ford fuel pump that was put on at another shop.  I had good power to the power at the time I was testing, I haven't re check power to the pump yet but I can hear it running.  What else can cause a restriction ? has any one had a plugged regulator cause this ?