Mud Flaps

Rate this topic

I just read something elsewhere and I thought of this a few weeks ago when my dealer got a round of chassis cabs in with bodies installed. For some reason this body manufacturer decided to place the rear mud flaps behind the tail-pipe on theses 6.4L equipped trucks. Not quite sure how long they are going to stand and fight. Anybody seeing problems yet or too early to tell?

Ryder has been building them with the flaps about 2 inches behind the pipe. I had one come in that had a hole burned through it at around 200 km. Mind you, this was pre-07S49... but I don't know if it went 'flame-thrower' or not. But I still think it will be an issue either way.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boxing.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/poke.gif

Well, today I replaced a leaking radiator in a Ryder truck with about 130 km on it. While bleeding the cooling system, it started to regenerate. The mud-flap was actually smoking on the back-side. I measured the temperature of the mud-flap at around 360 deg. F. I imagine that I would have been able to push a pick through the flap like knife through hot butter. Keep in mind, this is likely the trucks first regen, so I wonder how many regenerations that it will last through...