IDS and FDRS with Windows 11

Rate this topic

This is an interesting thread. I too, now seek opinions and feedback on the best device, laptop, tablet etc. to run IDS, FDRS and Forscan.

Message boards shows there are some guys running it. But when you get that large of a pool the answers you get are sometimes tainted. 

My new Lenovo is supposed to show up tomorrow. Probably gonna be a couple days before I get it setup. I will update once I know more. 

I got it setup early this morning before work. Had a little trouble getting the VCM3 to connect wirelessly. The only real problem I had was the icons were all messed up looking in IDS and it turns out that was being caused by the insane resolution that my new computer is equipped with.  (1920x1080 which is what my 32" monitor mounted on my tool box runs for resolution)

Just for giggles I decided to bug Hotline via a TIS request about when they are gonna make FDRS and IDS compatible with Windows 11 since most manufacturers are only selling Windows 11 now. I got this response back.

2070458480_Screenshot2023-05-18221633.thumb.png.72dc3b28d950060ff61602c43e3ea2e1.png

The good news is that they are willing to work with us if we buy a Windows 11 computer and have some issues instead of just saying it's not supported better luck next time. 

• 2 months later...