Loose Spool Valve Nut

Rate this topic

I realize this is probably old news for many of you but I finally came face to face with one of these. What I thought was a routine injector swap turned into hunt for the missing nut. The shaft was barely hanging onto the injector.

Posted Image

where did you find the nut?

I was told by the HotLine that retrieving the nut was a must. Apparently the oil pan is a good place to begin looking but this one was sitting in the head not bothering anything or anyone but me!

I have had several do that to me. I have also have the top two bolts break completely off and the top of the injector came out with the oil rail. I have had to go fishing for the broke pieces of bolts too which is not fun. make sure you get it all since if not it will go straight through the gerotor pump and destroy it along with the front cover

I've come across several of these, too. If the pick up screen had been that little bit finer, I doubt that it would be a concern.

I had one where I never did find the nut... but I did find the end off a broken TorX bit.