hydra locking 6.0

Rate this topic

Had this vehicle towed in.Tried to start and turned over a couple times.customer says truck was missfiring and he shut off.Would not crank after this.Ran eec test and found missfire on number two cylinder.removed number two injector and spit out tons of fuel from cylinder.Installed new injector and cranked over a few times ,now locked again.Is there a possibility that fuel got in other cylinders?Anyway to remove fuel without removing glow plugs?Has this happened to anyone else?

was the injector loose at all? or was it just overfueling? did you check the torque on the other injectors? also where you sure you got all the fuel out from that cylinder? you have another problem there if its still hydrolocking.

you need to find what cylinder is at fault. you might need to remove the glow plugs one at a time and crank the engine over to find it. then go after finding the issue

I had one with the EGR cooler totally pooched.... this was way early in the 6.0s life....

Degas bottle was empty and I added a gallon of water.... and then another and then another and then..... Sometime during the 4th gallon, I started getting very suspicious.... It was still leaving the degas as quick as I could put it in and there was no puddle on the floor.... But about then, a drip started.... water... water leaking from the right side of the engine..... from the exhaust manifold. Every cylinder on that side with an open exhaust valve contained water...

This, BTW, was on the truck with the melted oil filter standpipe... Kieth knows where the pic is... I sure don't....

TRUCK FIXED.HAD MISSFIRE ON NUMBER TWO CYL.REPLACED THAT INJECTOR,BUT NUMBER 6 WAS THE CULPRIT.PULLED INJECTOR OUT TO FIND BOTTOM ORING WAS TORN APART.THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISE.