e series a/c condensors

Rate this topic

Our ambulance condensers fail at the point where the deer or moose contacts the condenser.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Like Kieth, we have seen a goodly number of failed dessicant scenarios.... Got our AC flush machine on Friday and we've done three flushes already - that crap stinks.

Just finished an E450 with a crack in the compressor housing....

• 2 weeks later...

you guys been seeing allot of condenser failures on the econolines 2005-2006 my?

One of my guys has one in right now. It's a 6.0L in fact and once he consulted the service manual he discovered that all of the heat exchangers have to be removed as a unit. Unless anyone knows of a short cut?

Originally Posted By: OHNO60
you guys been seeing allot of condenser failures on the econolines 2005-2006 my?

One of my guys has one in right now. It's a 6.0L in fact and once he consulted the service manual he discovered that all of the heat exchangers have to be removed as a unit. Unless anyone knows of a short cut?

Not really a short cut, but a comment. Some of my E-Van guys are pulling all three together, and some are leaving the A/C condenser in while pulling the other two out. To get the condenser, I'm pretty sure all three have to come out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

How come there's no smiley of Satan? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Good Luck!

WELL WE HAVE BEEN REMOVING THE COOLING MODULE ASY, NOT NECESSARILY EASIER BUT ELIMINATES THE OH NO FACTOR WHILE TRYING TO FIGHT THE CONDENSER OUT.

Apparently, he got it out without removing the entire cooling module. Remove the left mounting bracket from the lower left corner and you can push the rad back and wiggle it out. I didn't get to watch so this is second hand info but its worth mentioning.