Int. messed up concern

Rate this topic

Ok, 04 (early ICP on HP pump ) F-350, while driving the truck, the glowplug light would go on, lose pedal, the truck would go to a idle only happens for 2-3 seconds each time it happens. I've verified this 4 times on 2 different 2 hour test drives. I checked every pid, recorded it, went over each pid with a fine tooth comb. No DTC's,

It has a U1262 i voltage dropped powers to the PCM, grounds, Can networks, checked the harness for chafing anywhere. Hotline wants me to change the PCM, but i doubt thats the issue.

Only thing that fails is the EGR valve during the position test, and it fails just barely. anyone have this?

I've had them trigger the glow plug lamp while driving, but the engine usually dies (or at least stumbles drastically). If the IDS or the VDR is hooked up to the DLC, then the scan tool loses communication as well.

In the past, I've tracked them down to a specific spot in the harness. Shift it right there, and the truck dies. What is wierd is that I've split the harness open after replacement, and usually don't find anything wrong.

I ran this by a hotline engineer a while back, and he said that sometimes the insulation on the individual wires will get perforated, and can be very difficult to identify exactly where the failure is...

Anyway, sounds like you might need a harness...

Greg H after 1 more hour of driving I got it to act up all the way back to the dealership, then in my stall, i put a brake pedal rod from the alignment machine and put it on the accel to rev it up, wiggled the harness everywhere and then pinpointed it to the bulk area by the FICM. Wiggled it, engine would idle and helper said the light was on. The truck never died, just went into a normal idle.

Thanks.

Don't know if this helps, but I had an '05 F-series that kept coming in repeatedly for complaints of intermittents stalls while driving. No DTCs other than the usual 2614 & 2617. Upon the third visit for the same concern, I was finally able to duplicate the symptom while wiggling the main injector harness by the FICM. I didn't even bother looking for the source of the failure. I simply replaced the injector harness which fixed it. For about $90.00 RETAIL for the harness, I'm not going to spend all day looking for shorts and opens when I can replace a harness within an hour, if I KNOW it's going to fix the problem. Even the main 12B637 engine harness now retails for about $300.00 believe it or not.