ids supporting vista

Rate this topic

kellyf

Does any one know when vista will be supported.I had heard it would be by the third quarter of this year.Is there another way of updating software if you don't have the latest disc ansd cannot do it on the internet?

last i was told from the people at IDS is they are still trying to get past all the new crap that microsoft added into Vista. they arent in a rush because XP can still be ordered on new computers for up to 1 year from the release date of Vista. i think they were about 95% done making it work on Vista but everytime they think they have it working they run into another issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Quote:
the installer is the biggest issue to overcome with Vista.

I am curious about that. The IDS installation checks the operating system before installation. Just for giggles I attempted to install IDS onto a Windows XP Home machine and a Windows 2000/NT machine but got the ol' boot from the install. Did IDS accept Windows Vista and what version?

there is another way around that, instead of using tweakNT. you can download the installation software onto an XP Pro machine, then transfer all files to a USB drive, then install on the other machine off the USB drive.

i am running Vista Premium, and have not had any other issues since installing that way. i had to go and install all of the cal files, and you have to do them off the internet, the DVD will not allow it to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

there is another way around that, instead of using tweakNT. you can download the installation software onto an XP Pro machine, then transfer all files to a USB drive, then install on the other machine off the USB drive.

OK Joey I did that for one of my guys that has a Vista machine it did install but wont run because "a needed component is being blocked by a firewall" or something like that.

I know windows pretty well but have never used Vista until I tried to install IDS for my guy. I read the trouble shooting guide and checked the firewall exceptions and they seem to be all there except the manual update exe. anything else I should be looking at?????

BTW it's vista home I think? and for what its worth I think I officaly hate vista!

• 2 months later...

I've been running IDS on Vista Ultimate for about a month now and to date only one lockup when I was using Datalogger on an 08 Sport Trac. Software release 52 just in case anyones interested.

i loaded ids on my vista laptop, i cant get past the firewall message. any suggestions?

I had huge problems getting IDS to work a couple of years ago on my XP Pro laptop. I had to uninstall my antivirus to get it to work, merely disabling the AV was not enough. Try disabling all AV and firewalls first, then maybe uninstalling your AV. Once it works, reinstall the AV.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...