EGR clean

Rate this topic

I havent caught the fordstar yet. I heard rumors of a broadcast but havent had time.

the biggest thing is there is a reason the egr vavle gets clogged, cleaning isnt going to take care of the root concern. seems no one goes after that. On the other hand ford(dealer warrenty nazis) do not want to pay to go farther so it always just ends up getting cleaned and shipped

Ahhhhhhh but they do want you to go after the root cause if you read TSB 06-25-14 which I have been doing the whole time. They just have sneeky politics and don't want to advertise it too loudly. Damn nazi's! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

Ahhhhhhh but they do want you to go after the root cause if you read TSB 06-25-14 which I have been doing the whole time. They just have sneeky politics and don't want to advertise it too loudly. Damn nazi's! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

Dwayne, you took the words right my fingers. I have been doing that tsb too, but....but.... they havent been paying for it lately. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

Originally Posted By: DwayneGorniak

Dwayne, you took the words right my fingers. I have been doing that tsb too, but....but.... they havent been paying for it lately. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

exactly I know about that TSB however I cant convince my warranty department to pay it.

For those of you that missed the broadcast they did have some good info on it. They are coming out with a new center section for the turbo that we can replace instead of replacing the turbo for sticking. Also they are releasing new TSB's for plugged oil coolers, leaking EGR coolers, and degas bottle overflow. There's a new test to checked for a plugged oil cooler if you can't drive it to check the oil temp.