phantom wds prblems

Rate this topic

just a question .. anyone out there having phantom issues with wds. one issue i had

focus with third return on evap code ..diag with wds shows bleed up and fails test. diag as bad canister vent and verified on bench test ..replace part and retest still fails after new gas tank .fuel pump and many other parts per feild engineer probem with wds and roadtest to clear p1000 ...well cars been gone one month no issues.. then the other day diag 6.0 e series as bad injector .passes all other test ..replace injector and retest now fails relative compression on 3 and 4 .... tech next to me tries to diag expidition abs light and will not perform koeo but can watch pids and passes networktest ........thanks for the input

sorry so long ..

We are running the latest too with no issues that I know of. I asked a couple of the other guys and no reports of misbehaving. Did you run the update function after you installed the disk? I always do and there must be updates because it takes forever to download and the unit usually resets afterwords.

You may want to try to re ghost the machine to see if it helps. Sometimes they get a glitch from adding update after update.

If you havent done so, you can plug a keyboard and mouse into the WDS. Boot it up, CTRL-ALT-DEL, close TabMan. This will give you the regular windows screen. Open the start menuse and do a clean-up and Defrag. Reboot the machine, reinstall your latest blue disc. About 10% into the reinstall, eject the disc. You'll have to reinstall it again, maybe along with the red disc as well. If you run into a problem, or dont understand my details, the diag equipment prompt on Hotline can assist you..