TSB 07-21-04

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

07-16-01 pays 6.4 071601b

Yeah, but that labor op and time is for trucks with 2003 engines. The rest of the labor ops are HALF that. I have no problem using the test sensor but in all honesty, I find setting it up and digging out the VMM and messing with all of those cables takes no less time than PPT KA. I have yet to flag a sticking turbo with that sensor in the bay. A lot of trucks misbehave intermittently while driving. The VDR is becoming my best friend. As for the VT 365 the diagnostics are not as user friendly as the Power Stroke in my opinion. It's nice to have the Master Diagnostics software but there are fewer PIDS available and NO output state control.

Quote:
07-21-04 pays 3.3 072104b + M-time for diag

Before this TSB was released I got paid squat! We called Ford, they said use TSB 07-16-1. I got paid 3.(something) and basically NO diag time which kills me.

As for the VT 365 the diagnostics are not as user friendly as the Power Stroke in my opinion. It's nice to have the Master Diagnostics software but there are fewer PIDS available and NO output state control.

I agree. You guys don't realize how good you've got it with the IDS.

FYI: IH quit selling MD lately and the replacement software, Service Assistant, will be available shortly. I've seen it, but not used it. It is a complete redesign and shows little resemblance to MD. Hopefully it will have all of the cool stuff the IDS has. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

Bruce, would it be safe to assume that the new software will be backward compatible? It would be nice to gain a lot of the capability that IDS has for the IH users. The unknown is what the limiting factor is; the PCM's or just the software.

Bruce, would it be safe to assume that the new software will be backward compatible? It would be nice to gain a lot of the capability that IDS has for the IH users. The unknown is what the limiting factor is; the PCM's or just the software.

It will have to be backward compatible 'cause they discontinued MD. (Which puts me in a bind, as I just had a meeting with a fleet IT Dept. to spec out software. What do you tell them? You can't buy software now? WTF?)

The current MD works on '08 emissions, but doesn't have the EGT and DPF pressure pids.