Impossible Injector

Rate this topic

04 F350 6.0 with 123kmiles.

concern is engine started missing and running rough then stalled and would not restart.

when I get it it will not crank, engine is hydrolocked. Has contribution codes for cylinder 4 and 8. looking under the truck there is a puddle of fuel coming from the left exhuast manifold. Suspect injector stuck open and its hydrolocked from fuel. remove the vavle cover and injector 8 is jacked. the screen on the injector for the fuel inlet is gone. I assume this is the cause. I check torque on the rest of the bank and find #4 to be loose, or so I think. I sell 2 injectors. Replace 8 and move on to 4. I loosed the hold down, no remember the bolt was loose. As I am loosing the bolt gets harder to turn like when its poping the injector out except it not right. I stop and look further. the hold down is not coming up like it should but the bolt is. Ok so the hold down clip is screwed. figure I grab a small pry bar and ever so gently pop the injector out. little by little I step up pry bars and force used. I am not beating on this thing and cannot get it out of the hole. I have a feeling this gravey customer pay job just turned into a steaming pile of poo.

so what the hell is going on? why in the world would this thing be stuck so hard in the hole it will not come out? I fear engine damage???

I wish I knew what was wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up saying "off with it's head" by the end of the day.

Dave

yup that was my fear. When posting I really already had my own answer but wanted to see if there was any other lucky souls that have run into this.

Shortly after my post I pulled the glow plug only to find it smashed to peices. Something has come apart and done some serious damage. No sense is pulling the head really since I already know its going to need an engine. Its customer pay so Im going to have to sell it. I will probably pull the head once its out just since Im curious as what the deal was. I have a feeling this thing was driven as it was overfueling and caused the failure.