6.4 reaches puberty...

Rate this topic

Ok, so has anyone noticed that these trucks seem to reach a "puberty" stage, where their balls finally decend and they suddenly just haul ass?

When these things come in for the PDI's right of the delivery wagon, it seemed pretty disappointing from a performance perspective, that the stock 6.0 would probably walk away from it if you were so inclined to drag race them.

But the last 2 6.4's (both F-250's) I've been in were 100% stock with 10,000 and 15,000 miles on them, and these things absolutely cruised! At least for a 7,000lb workhorse... but they both would have embarrased a 6.0.

Just wondering if anyone is noticing the same thing...

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I noticed this too. I had a 250 with a raditor leak around 3k miles. I got the truck back around 19k with another rad leak, same place! that was before the update was released. post repair roadtest at 19k miles I was impressed with the power over the first time with low mileage.

I wouldnt mind having one but damn they are so damn ugly and expensive. I got a line on a 00 250 crew cab with a 7.3 with 100k miles for 15k. A few power mods and it would be a runner. no 6.0 but also not too many worrys either.

haha, yeah I think I have enough of the common parts to keep with me on road trips. Ill just pull over and fix it on the side of the road no problem.

It's amazing what can be fixed on the side of the road.

LOL it's only a matter of time before you'll be driving down the road someday and see the body for a 6.0 truck laying on the side of the road, 20 feet behind the rest of it, with the trans on the ground and some poor bastard trying to fish the branch tube out the back of the engine...

Dave