Can someone check my math please.

Rate this topic

Replacing my first injector (cracked) and I think I have the pretorque math correct, but I'd like to get it checked if possible.

My weapon of choice is a Snap On 1/4 drive lb/in wrench model# QJR117F.

I believe this is a pretty common tool so if you can back me up I'd appreciate it.

If I did the math correctly I come up with 8.2 lb/ft or 68-69 lb/in, it does not come out exact and is the tenth position that critical?

Thanks,

Steph.

Why not use this TORQUE CALCULATOR which is also listed at the lower right corner of your screen. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif It is an active PDF document meaning that you measure your wrench, adapter and then enter the numbers with the desired torque spec and wha-la!

Keith,

Thats what I did, except I used the stuff from school, not realizing you had it listed.

Just the same, measuring the tools is somewhat hamfisted. For instance "middle of the drive", or " middle of adapter", please!

I'm pretty sure I've got it right, which is to say close enough for government work.

I just don't want the damn thing to leak.

The wrench measures 8" +/- a 1/16" or so and the crows foot approx 3/4" or .750 so 8.0 divided by 8.750 =.91x9 = 8.2 lb/ft or 68-69 lb/in.

But again this is eyeball accuracy, or is it just me?

Also if you have access to PTS click on the Quick Links tab at the top left of the screen, then click on the Torque Wrench Adapter Formulas on the left menu. It shows you every possible configuration and several different torque settings. ie. NM, In-lbs. and ft-lbs.