oil rail standtubes

Rate this topic

SO I have had a huge issue with rail block off plus eating up o-rings on LCFs. I have have a few on the F-series too but it seems more common on the 4.5 at least here. We deal with alot of barricade trucks that sit and run all night long. Some will just need o-rings then some are just stubborn and will return shortly with the smae issue. Well on this last one I look closely at the rail and found a mismachined surface that the o-rings ride on. Its right where the o-ring fails. I have since ordered a rail to fix this.

I beleive this is something we should start looking closer at. Im sure the F-seris have the same problem and if we keep getting repeat repairs from this take a look at the rail. I will try and get a picture but its down deep in the rail.

just a fyi to look out for.

Ditto, the F-series don't fail nearly as offten as the LCF, they just eat the rings up on the dummy plugs no matter how the truck is used.

I have a good mix of LCF's porta potty trucks, dump beds, flat beds, and dry goods box trucks some idle a lot some don't but all eat the rings up.

Ditto, the F-series don't fail nearly as offten as the LCF, they just eat the rings up on the dummy plugs no matter how the truck is used.

I have a good mix of LCF's porta potty trucks, dump beds, flat beds, and dry goods box trucks some idle a lot some don't but all eat the rings up.

have you looked at the sealing surface on the rails on repeat offenders?

I've had several repeat offenders... seems like they have about a 30,000km life span...

(30,000km = 18,xxx in English)

I've seen them not make it to the next oil change and fail again 5,000-7,500 miles (thats about 8-12km in Canadian). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Ive got some good pictures of the problem in the rail Im talking about. I left my camera at the shop the past couple days so I have not uploaded them. Nothing short of replacing the rail would have fixed this truck.

• 1 month later...

Have any of you flipped the oil rail over and looked at it

with the o-ring/blocker still installed-you will see the blocker tube isn't center-it's always off to oneside. this may be an offset drilling problem.just replace the rail when you see this.

our shop has been seeing this for about 2 years.