The DieselStop.com - SOLD!

Rate this topic

I read in thier forums that thedieselstop.com forums has been sold to AutoForums.com, an automotive forum network web site. This is confirmed by a post made by Jason Lester stating that he will soon post details. With all of the many diesel truck web sites around now I still consider thedieselstop.com the best and one with charactar. It was the first of its kind leaving honerable mention to fordtruckfanatics.com for being the most complete and largest ford truck web site. There are rumers of major changes like changing it to vbulletin forums to match all of the other forums listed...

Well, can't say I saw it coming... but neither am I surprised... Not sure what the site might be worth but it sure fell into Jays lap....

All those advertisers and all those willing consumers wrapped in one handsome little package....

<SIGH>... should I start the bidding at a buck85, Kieth? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Do you think that you can get in and sway some of these people our way? or could it just be alot of guy's that own these trucks that believe everything thats said on the OTHER sites??

Would it help us or hurt us?

Larry? Helloooooooo! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boink3.gif You DO know what these forums are about and who they are for right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif We keep those people out for a reason. They can follow thedieselstop.com where its going or join one of the other fifteen or so diesel truck forums out there.

Slide your mouse cursor over the banner on the top of the screen and read our MISSION STATEMENT that will amazingly appear before your very eyes.

All is forgiven, Larry... you don't have to sit in the corner any more....

You're probably unfamiliar with TDS.... TDS is full of all of the things techs fear and loathe....

"I read on the internet that you should change my <PART>....". "The none certified, untrained guys I talk to on the internet say that this is a 15 minute job and you want to much....". "You guys at the STEALERSHIP are a bunch of bandits... how can I hide my tuner/get cheap factory shop manuals/get free information?".

I get the feeling that I could start talking about the base plate made of prefamulated amulite or the delicate relationship between the spurving bearings and the lunar waneshaft and some of these guys would swallow it whole (sorry, I can't seem to find a good playing copy of "turboencabulator" at present). Some of these guys would even accept "the bull gear has probably jumped the hiefershaft" as a plausible cause for a concern...

Ohhhhh, but they can be "fine sport" if someone doesn't twig on to you.....

Speaking of TDS... some wiener has posted a link to fordtechservice along with a user ID, a password and his freakin' Stars ID...

It's in the 7.3 powertrain forum in the "ZF-6 disassembly" thread....

I wonder what in God's name was running through that guys head when he did that...

He hasn't done any training. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif I don't think you can do much damage, you still need a password to access STARS. Makes me wonder if this guy is some kind of an instructor.

The username and password he posted was for the customer access site that dealers can allow people to use. But it requires some kind of code to set up. Still, I don't think it is intended for public posting in that manner. Anyone know more about it?

http://www.fordtechservice.com

Quote:
New User:

Welcome! To gain access to Ford Technical Information, You first must obtain an authorization code from your dealership or sponsor. As a new user, press Set Up New Account and you will be prompted for your Authorization Code and information to set up a new Account.

I like how every "stalls while driving" or "hard start" complaint always has someone chime in, "Sounds like a weak HPOP, to me!"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Back on topic... the Diesel Stop was transferred yesterday and switched over to VBulletin from UBB Threads software. Gone is the familiar mustard yellow colors and in with a common look with the same advertising, new advertising and a couple of new features like "ride of the month" and so on. It has become less unique in appearance as it now looks like most of the forums already in existence, I wonder if the "community" will remain in-tact. I find myself completely disconnected from all other forums lately... as its all the same old crap, over and over and over again. Occasionally there is some sport in participating. I think I have just worn myself out with public forums for now. I belong to a dozen or so.