Fuel additives/delamination??

Rate this topic

Has anybody ran into a Delam. problem because of any additives added to the fuel???

I know that we have with the Bio-goo but I haven't seen anything posted about additives.

I was online earlier and found quite a lot of manufacturers that offer additives for diesel. Do you think that they have testing that will cover the different O.E.'s and compensate for this problem?

Has anybody ran into a Delam. problem because of any additives added to the fuel???

I know that we have with the Bio-goo but I haven't seen anything posted about additives.

I was online earlier and found quite a lot of manufacturers that offer additives for diesel. Do you think that they have testing that will cover the different O.E.'s and compensate for this problem?

Yes, I've had some fleets with delamination problems, and FMC declined to warranty the tanks, saying it was a contamination problem. The problem seems fairly isolated, but when it happens, it happens BIG. I have a fleet of ambulances in Oregon that claims to have put dozens of tanks in their E-vans a couple of years ago due to this. I have also had or heard of this problem in northern California and the Chicago area.

I don't know what the root cause was, as any info I had was second hand. Some of the vehicles were very new when it happened and it made for some really unhappy customers. My personal opinion is that it was not biodiesel or fuel contamination, it was tank linings that were not built to take the real world.

Merry Christmas! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I don't know what the root cause was, as any info I had was second hand. Some of the vehicles were very new when it happened and it made for some really unhappy customers. My personal opinion is that it was not biodiesel or fuel contamination, it was tank linings that were not built to take the real world.

Merry Christmas! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I agree 100% I have a few fleet trucks and lots of single truck owners with tank problems, no common factor I can determine /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif different fuel stations,brands,towns

{edit} This isnt the first time this topic has come up I had some good pics of the tanks before the server move and there gone now.

BTW Bruce Merry christmas to you as well