'00 Excursion, RR window inop..

Rate this topic

Basic electrical diag but I've reached a point to where I just want to know if anyone here has seen any "known points of failure" for a specific harness. '00 Excursion.

RR window inop, good power to to the switch, I've determined that BOTH ckts 319 and 320 (provide the ground to the master switch on the drivers door, depending on whether the window is commanded up or down) are no good. I can run a jumper from the RR window switch to the master switch, and the window will work via switch activation just fine (jump 320 and it will go down, jump 319 and it will go up)

The harness has NO connectors between the master switch and the RR window switch, and coming FROM the RR switch, goes through the door, comes through the passenger side B-pillar, across the pass front sill plate panel, up the RF kick panel, and then up behind the dashboard over to the LF Kick panel area... I would normally overlay a wire but the fact that I have *2* bad wires tells me that the whole harness is in jeopardy of going to shit, and I'd rather just fix this thing once.

Anyone seen it before?

Dave

Nevermind, I found the problem about 10minutes after I posted here.

Initially I had power coming from the switch, all the way through the harness up until it made it to the dashboard area. But after a few minutes, I even lost power up by the dash. Traced the wires back again, ended up splitting the harness apart and found both wires (ckt 319 and 320) completely broken. Oddly enough, the rest of the harness was unharmed, no signs of damage, corrosion, anything... just 2 wires that almost look like they were cut.

I had to pull the wiring off of the latch, and then through the door to access the damaged portion of the wiring, as the opens were located INSIDE the right side B-pillar. So it's VERY unlikely that anyone had ever been in this area before. Pretty weird.

Dave